could somebody call god- we need a cleanup on aisle earth

 

the last judgment- frescoe painting on the sistine chapel by Michelangelo.

maybe i’m being a little hasty in this but floods? fires? Iran firing off missiles?

the human population of the earth is beginning to resemble a mold spore

that started 2000 generations ago and is starting to get a little out of hand

we reward the thieves and liars who run this world and perpetuate bad behavior. don’t get me wrong. i love my life. i work daily with the top 10% of humanity in trying to bail out the ocean with a teaspoon. we are surrounded with volunteers, many of which are in late seventies and eighties. they inspire with their willingness to roll up their sleeves every day and help people who need help badly.

 

but when people tell me that they support a guy who would continue policies based on lies and supported by the same rich corrupt and dangerous group that elected george- i have to wonder if maybe god needs to come down and thin us out a little. there apparently aren’t enough brain cells to go around for all 6.7 billion of us. i am sensing that the oblivious meter is not working on some people to support this guy…

unless you are one of the 2-5% of americans who are rich it makes no sense to support McCain. he definitely did not inherit a lot of brain cells. he wants to continue the iraq war ad infinitum… he likes more tax cuts for the rich…hasn’t a clue what to do about health care…social security…is more than happy to reward further bad behavior by any wealthy banker or CEO who will support him (Keating scandal)

now, i don’t know if Obama is necessarily the answer to all our prayers but i think i can tell the difference between these two. and since i don’t have over 5 million in the bank like 2% of americans i can safely say that McCain would be another Bush disaster for the other 98% of us.

saw a funny bumper sticker today which describes exactly how i feel about McCain:

“I am trying to see things from your point of view, but I can’t get my head that far up my ass.”

Advertisements

2 Comments

  1. Well said.

    I am not a wealthy man, but I have a rich life because of good friends, a loving wife, and a wonderful little girl. I know there are many who have less than I do, financially and at home. Therefore, it is important to help out those who are less fortunate or have been dealt a tough hand in life. Programs like Medicade, Medicare, Welfare, Social Security, though not perfect, seek to ease the burdens of Americans. They are respectable programs in what they try to do.

    It baffles me, though, how people (average Joes) can support men who want to cut out the middle class, increase the financial divide among Americans, and weaken or cut social programs. The 2% of Americans you speak of do not make up a majority, but they have obviously brainwashed enough average Joe’s into believing that cutting out all the safety nets is the American thing to do.

    I agree. Obama may not be the answer to our prayers, but I think he is a step in the right direction. And somewhere the Lord is having a laugh at our expense. “Silly Americans…”

  2. Definitely well-said, problembear. How so many Americans have been seemingly brainwashed to vote against their own best interests is beyond me….and look what 2004 got them – huge gas prices – just wait until winter hits – and low job and economic growth. They get nothing and the wealthy 2% get more and more. Sick.


Comments RSS TrackBack Identifier URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s